Thursday, March 25, 2010

Creative Bookshelf Idea

I am part of an online group for moms with many children. One MOMY posted such a great idea, that I had to share! Here is her post:

"...how would you feel about using your books as bookshelves? One of my favorite women took books which had family history/sentimental value and turned them into bookshelves by laying the books on their sides, stacking them on top of one another, and then laying a painted/fabric covered MDF board horizontally. Thus, the books became the sides of the shelves. I cannot even begin to describe how cozy this looked! we have done it with my husband's study books simply by using reference books he rarely needs (but still wants to keep) as the "sides." That corner of the living room, which used to be quite the eyesore, due to the crazy piles and willy-nilly stacks, now gets several compliments.
Otherwise, my daughter purchased many of her Nancy Drew books from collectors such as yourself. She preferred the original bindings and covers for an "antiqued" look."

Isn't that SO creative?? I would love to have a picture of that! Great idea!

Blessings,
Cathy

No comments: