Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Moving Along




I (Megan) am very excited! Only about a week & a half before we leave & move to North Carolina! God has been so good to us. He has provided a home w/ acreage that is only about 30 minutes from our new church! (the church Scott Brown from Vision Forum pastors at) Our new home is 3 bedroom & 1 bath, about 12 acres, 12 or so miles of trails (oh yes!) and a barn that was converted into an apartment! Aaron plans to rent the apartment for himself, and it will also serve as a place for when we have out of town guests! (which I'm sure will happen)

We will begin a family garden, and are hoping to be able to plant more than we need so that we can sell some at the Raleigh Farmers Market. We will be getting some chickens for meat & eggs (we also plan to sell eggs at the farmers market) & some English Angora Rabbits for their wool to spin & make into yarn which we will also sell. (or create something & sell that) We plan to use the land God has provided for us to help support our family :)

We plan to leave on April 25th! (so soon, but some days it's not soon enough) We have our moving truck (yes, we bought one! lol!) about 3/4 packed, and I pray we can fit whats left inside...So things have been slimming down, but there still seems like there is so much left to pack & get on the truck! I'm sure we'll be able to get it all in, but it'll be close, no doubt. But
Daddy is a phenomenal truck packer, so it'll fit ;) (he's had YEARS of experience)

(here is a pic of the house)


I have a picture posted on my blog of the house. We will get more pictures after we move! (but I'm not sure how soon we'll be able to post them since we need to figure out what we'll do for internet...No high speed there..)

Another great blessing is that God has provided a horse for Emily once we get there! I'll let her share her info on it in another post. :)

Thank you all for keeping us in your prayers!

2 comments:

Room for More said...

We are all praying for you at the Robison house. I am sorry I did not get to know you at GfBC or GfBC-Conroe. Your dad and my husband knew each other and I finally got to meet your mom this past Sunday! You have a great blog and I will save it for my daughter Rebecca to see. We look forward to following your family across the country! You may follow our blog and keep up with our adoption plans and our family at www.roomformorekiddos.com

Alice said...

Sounds like you're moving to an amazingly fun place :) :)Praying for you all! :)