Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Never underestimate a woman's touch!

We live a pretty unconventional life for a large family. Just recently, our family has streamlined our life (home, work, new business launch, homeschooling, LIFE) by moving to a warehouse with an office. We are converting the office, part of the warehouse and an unfinished upper level, into living quarters. For now, 9 of us are crammed into one room and a bathroom, no shower. The rest of our life is in the warehouse as we make the changes.

Temporary Kitchen Before:

There have been some emotional meltdowns here and there, but over-all, the Lord has been so faithful and has given us the grace we have needed to obey Him in this endeavor. I was at times almost overwhelmed when I saw my new "kitchen", though I also knew it was temporary, and I had to make it functional. We have no cabinets, counters, sink or appliances. I asked the Lord to please help me to be creative and to help me figure out how to make this work.

Temporary Kitchen After:

I am still amazed at how quickly and easily the Lord put my kitchen plan together. By using desks, tables and bookcases I already had, I was able to "build" my temporary kitchen. We are borrowing a friend's pop-up camper for a place for the kids to sleep. We hooked up the gas stove on the outside and use that to cook. My girls have been very creative and have baked breads, cookies, and muffins in my electric roaster. I like my camp-style kitchen! (however, I am also looking forward to a REAL kitchen again!)

It's been a challenge, but also fun to put a woman's touch on the warehouse. Kinda like this video!
Happy homemaking!

Check in now and again.

Blessings,
Cathy


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice, Cathy. Thanks for sharing. Love, Dad